Eo’s art roames between the intimacy of personal relations, the detail of everyday life, music, feminism, queerness and art-making, among many others.
A website, a website, how can a website represent it all? The entirety of a practice…things, physical things: moving entities and thoughts in motion? Sculpture, performance, sound, printed matter, scripts, painting, drawing, textiles, costume, movements, commitments, time.
Experiences that happened?
Stuff never looks right in here. Its very difficult to make a self-reflective website. It is so flat in here, so flat and lifeless in a sense, so sterile, could be better if it was just text. But as it has to do its function, (not allow for the imagination) there are some images and videos. Take these depictions as a welcome, an offering. Then I hope one day we will meet.
Nonetheless it is great that you are here in this website. In this space where I have brought together a variety of mediums and materials, which although appear very different from each other in their materialities and temporalities, they are made of the same attitude one that looks into everyday politics.
Thank you for visiting this space that depicts a practice of making space.
- 2015-2017 MA, Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam. Received Cum Laude Award
- 2014-2015 The School of the Damned, alternative education collective practice. London
- 2013 Jan-April Curatorial Internship in Media and Performance Art, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA
- 2012 Ceramics apprenticeship at Guy Honoré Atelier, Paris, France
- 2011 Four month Internship with artist Andrea Zittel, A-Z West Joshua Tree, California, USA
- 2007-2010 BA Art Practice Goldsmiths College, University of London
- 2006-2007 Fine Art Foundation, Brighton City College
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS/EVENTS/PERFORMANCES/PUBLICATIONS/AWARDS
- WORM 23 performance with Jeroen Kuster WORM, Rotterdam 7.12.19
- Workshop for kids on parallels between den making & installation art. Part of SSW 40th anniversary celebrations 3.11.19 @ 13:30—16 at SSW, Lumsden Aberdeenshire.
- Résidences - Portes ouvertes, [open studios] Triangle France - Astérides, La Friche de Belle Mer, Marseille 6.11.19 @ 18.00 - 21.00
- Lumdsen Residency at Scottish Sculpture Workshop August — September 2019
- Collaboration with Lady Neptune (Moema Meade) @ Supernormal Festival, Brasiers Park, August 2019.
- 2ply/Alfred Benning/Romeo Taylor/HAIRBAND gig at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow. 26.07.19
- Radiophrenia, Live Radio play collaboration for Lukas Simonis and Henk Bakker, Platform, Easterhouse, Glasgow, @15.00 on 18.05.19
- 2ply/tarantula split tape launch party put on by the wonderful music label GLARC, Glasgow, tba
- Performed for Jessica Higgins in her work ‘dedications,’ Outskirts Festival 2019, Platform, Easterhouse, Glasgow, 27.04.19
- Perform solo act at BUZZCUT Double Thrills, Experimental Performance Night, CCA Glasgow 24.04.19
- Difficult band played gig for HERMAN night, with The Coolies (NZ) and Aventurine (BG) in Rotterdam. 11.04.19
- Perform solo act at BUM Notes @ The Flying Duck, Glasgow. 29.03.19
- 2 ply play at GAS with Extravision, Order of the Toad @ GAS Glasgow, 1.03.19
- Featured part in The View From the Futuristic Rose Trellis an Opera by Ravioli me Away On tour around UK 2019.
- 2ply at GLAD cafe. With Vital Idols and Order of the Toad.
- 2ply at MONO with Trash Kit, Current Affairs.
- BUM NOTES, drag performance night, @ The Flying Duck, Glasgow, 28.09.18
- Exhibition with artist Micha Zweifel @ PUSLE Studio Omstand, Arnhem, opening 3.11.18 exhibition runs until 25.11.18
- Mutters, Feminist exhibition that took place in a communal allotment New Victoria Gardens, Glasgow South. G412LG 4PM-9PM 5.08.18
- I performed work, Wedding website @ ROMANTI-CRASH 2018, @ Jupiter Artland Edinburgh, Scotland 28.07.18https://www.jupiterartland.org/
- Solo Exhibition, 50 years living within Foucault’s Heterotopias, June 1st-10th. ONONO, Wolphaertstraat 41-C, 3082 BL, Rotterdam (4th floor) & Wolfart Project Space vitrine, Wolphaertstraat 25-C, 3082 BK Rotterdam (ground floor) Opening Friday June 1st, from 17.00. Show runs June 1-10th
- Difficult gig, programmed by De Player, @ TAC, Eindhoven 15.07.18
- 22.04.2018 Reading, as invited by Katherine MacBride and Anneke Kampman for their work, “A public library of and for listening”, Mitchell Library, North Street Glasgow, G3 7DN @ 14.30 outside the Mitchell Library part of Glasgow International. This reading will take place following a work from artist Mark Briggs http://glasgowinternational.org/events/eothen-stearn-mark-briggs/
- 08.05.2018 GIG Herman presenteert: Zad Kokar and les Combi Beyaz, Sweat Tongue & DIFFICULT // Theater Rotterdam, locatie schouwburg
- Awarded the O&O research and development grant from CBK FUNDING for upcoming project, 50 Years of living within Foucault’s Heterotopias
- 15.02.17 Kill your darlings, an event, WORM S/ash Gallery Boomgaardsstraat 69, 3012XA Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Sheela na gig, a Winter solstice performance, in conjunction with Host Exhibition at ShowRoom MAMA, 21.12.17 Proefpark de Punt
- VAGINA LOQUENS, radio play with Kari Robertson and Dr. Gillian Partington, produced at the Klangdan studio, WORM. The project investigated through voice, interview, literature, narrative, noise, synth, pop and hip-hop the evolution of the figure of the talking vagina from 18th century colonial France to the contemporary context.
- work broadcast on Radiophrenia, Scotland, 16.12.17 both Shower Series and Panharmonican will be aired.. http://radiophrenia.scot/schedule/
- Performative Lecture, Universiteit Leiden, 25.10.17
- The Floor Show @ONONO, Wolphaertstraat 41C, 3082BL Rotterdam. Preview Thursday 21st Sept 7 - 9pm
- October Digbeth First Friday Event, October 6th, 6-9pm, Stryx Gallery Birmingham, UK
- Performed Gossip Bitch for Rotterdam Uitdagen, curated by Roodkapje. September 10th, 2017, Schouwburgplein Rotterdam
- Piet Zwart Institute, Master Fine Art Graduate Exhibition: Crooked Elbow,Serpent Brain 14.30 Sunday 16.07.17 @Showroom MAMA Witte de Withstraat 29-31, 3012 BL Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Nominated for WdKA Master Research Prize 2017
- Speech commands, An event featuring writing of students from the Piet Zwart MFA, February 16th, 2017, Karel Dormanhof 45,Rotterdam
- Open Studios Piet Zwart Institute, February 11th, 2017, Karel Dormanhof 45, Rotterdam
- Performance, When and where are we all body, for GHOST, Post Partum, Atent on Friday the 13th from 18.00, Struitenweg 52, 3082 WX Rotterdam, Nederland
- Mig äger ingen, inte ens jag själv - a strictly educational endeavor, Konsthall C i Hökarängen, Stockholm, November, 2016
- I broke through the ice and I found a bread. Part of Stockgurd Explorer with Bernd Krauss and Jan Verwoert. Tensta Konsthall. Taxingegränd 10, Stockholm, Sweden, November, 2016
- Residency at the Klangendum Studio at worm, Rotterdam. September, 2016
- Priorities: the Talk Show. An exhibition and Symposium. Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam. 3RD -5TH June
- Organised and performed in Dear Fear Performance night at The Performance Bar, Boomgaardsstraat 69, 3012 XA, Rotterdam 3.06.16
- Show Snake Horse Goat Monkey, School of the Damned 4 year past and present show. Guest Projects, Sunbury House, 1 Andrews Road, E8 4QL London, UK. OPENS 24 MAY 6:30-9PM RUNS 25-30 MAY
- Received Van Beek-Donner Stichting award for studying in Rotterdam.
- When I woke up my fingernails were cut Dimitra Aggelou, Giorgos Euthimiou, Kostas Tsioukas, Mary Tsoni, Circuits and Currents Project Space of the Athens School of Fine Arts, Notara 13 & Tositsa, Exarcheia, Athens, Greece, 8.4.16
- Performing as a ‘mover’ for Simone Forti’s Here it comes at Vleeshal in Middelburg, south-western Netherlands. 31.01- 03.04.2016
- 16th-20th December, 2015 @ Open Eye Gallery in Liverpool curated by CBS Gallery
- Nominated for a Paul Hamlyn Foundation Award for Visual Arts. UK March, 2015
- Performance Hardy Tree Gallery, Kings Cross, London, 26.03.15
- Ten Half Moons on sale in ICA Bookshop
- Ten Half Moons zeen in permanent collection of Nomadic Reading Room London
- SOTD MA degree show, The Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury London PV 06.01.15
- Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun. 25 Wharf Street, Leeds, LS2 7EQ. PV 20.12.14
- Freekin’ Weekend Milcote House, London PV 30.11.14
- PECKHAM PELICAN VINYL LIBRARY TAKE OVER, performance night London 23.11.14
- DOMUS MMXIV: The House Show, Milcote House, London PV 24.10.14
- School of the Damned Interim show, Five Years Gallery, London
- Bumper Sticker, Punk and Sheep Gallery, Canary Warf, London
- Spoken word, Austerity and the Body, AutoItalia South East, London 2014
- Snappy Decisions, a performance for FEZADA!, ACAVA Central Space, London, 2014
- Sawtooth Island, a performance for residency with Spontaneous Combustion Festival, and Hackney Wicked Festival both at Hackney Wick, London.
- Article published with 1000things website see left for link
- water-curser-highlighter-blue, a performance, Good Job Gallery, London, 2014.
- DEFAULT 13: Art, Cities & Regeneration, Masterclass Auditorium participant, Lecce, Italy, 2013.
- viaindustriae association manufatto in situ 7 summer workshop residency. Art Park Cancelli, Foligno Italy, 2013.
- Jelly Assists, an event, House Gallery, part of Camberwell Arts Festival, London, 2012
- Skill and Knowledge workshops, hosted in collaboration with artist Jessica Timmins in our studio, Colonel Fabien, Paris, 2012.
- Sculpture meets Ceramics, open studios at Atelier Guy Honoré, Belleville, Paris, 2012.
- Versailles, The Gallery in Redchurch Street, Shoreditch, London, 2011.
- Snakes, The Former Alliance Gallery, Peckham, London, 2010.
- Anonnymatt, Lift and Hoist (temporary warehouse venue), Elephant and Castle, London, 2010.
- VOLUME 1 : CHAUSSETTE DU TÊTE, La Kommune, Belleville, Paris. 2010.
- Magic show now, an event, Goldsmiths, London
- Arrest Yourself, Old Police Station, Depford, London, 2009.
THANKS TO ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELPED ME WITH MY WORK AND GIVEN ME CONFIDENCE